Filipino cuisine will be big in Europe and US in a few years
Exotic. Huge. Manila! Exploring the food trends of a capital with more that 20M citizens is a tough job. This videos give you all the culinary insights you need to have about Manila. I have checked hidden organic vegetarian restaurants, street vendors, beach breakfast places and fine dining spots. I have checked out restaurants of very well known chefs in Asia: Margarita Fores, Jele Gonzales and Nicos Santos.
Video 1 — Summary
Video 2 — All food trends
What to learn from Manila
The Philippines have a Spanish American culinary history, hence you find like churros, burritos, tapas, bbq and a lot of modern shopping malls. Add some Asian influence and you get one of the most interesting kitchen styles and food trends I know. From traditional breakfast to sophisticated organic healthy shops, everything is possible.
- If you put Mumbai and Singapore in a pot and stir well, you will get Manila
- The influence of Spanish and American cuisine can be found in a lot of venues
- Imagine modern Tapas with Asian twist
- Wanna get a new colour for your instafood? You better buy some Ube roots.
- The Filipinos brought sharing food to a new level and they do social competitions called Boodle feast
- Filipinos go crazy for pork and still skip beef
„Behind or beyond“ is our video blog. Bold statements, restaurant, bar and trend background, smart investigation, a lot of tastings. Get all the information, inspiration and insights without traveling yourself. Check out another episode!